The term finishing covers a wide range of processes. Finishing process is done for improving its appearance, feel or other properties. This process likewise increases its serviceability. It is commonly the final phase of cloth processing. Finishing is besides called beautification process of fabric. There are more often than not 3 basic objectives inwards finishing.
- Modification of the material surface.
- Modification of the weaving properties.
- Modification of the aftercare characteristics.
There are mainly two types of finishing. One is mechanical or dry out finishing together with some other is chemic or wet finishing.
|Fig: Finishing procedure on fabric|
Mechanical finishing effects on fabric:
- Framing: Correct as well as uniform width in addition to smoothness (Stenter frame)
- Raising: Fluffy surface, soft grip in addition to warm cloth.
- Shearing: Removal of curt hairs from smoothen fabrics.
- Rateening: Ratine (curled) in addition to similar effects produced on raised fabrics past particular brushing or rubbing devices.
- Calendaring: Smoothing as well as compacting amongst hard, heavy rollers.
- Embossing: Relief effects by way of an engraved roller.
- Sanding / Emerising: Light raising of the surface by emery rollers.
- Pleating: Introduction of permanent creases.
- Shrinking: Allowing or forcing the fabrics to shrink inwards the length management.
- Pressing: Smoothing past means of pressing platens; mainly for wool.
- Decatizing: Steam pressing treatment for wool fabrics to ameliorate uniformity of appearance, dimensional stability as well as hold.
Chemical finishing effects on material:
- Water repellent: Temporary or durable H2O repellent material past silicones.
- Stain resistant: Stain resistant material is made past silicones.
- Antistatic: To foreclose the build upwardly static charge at low humidity.
- Flame resistant: To brand textile not-flammable or hard to ignite.
- Hygienic: Prevent to grow micro-organism on the fabric together with on the human peel.
- Rot proofing: Protection of the material from organisms that promote decomposition.
- Anti-pilling: Reduction of the tendency for pilling.
- Easy aid: Reduce the sensitivity of the fiver to wet and to creasing.
- Felting: Encourage the natural felting properties past repeated compressions.
- Anti-felting: Reduce the natural felting properties.
- Moth proofing: Make the fiber inedible by the moths.
- Parchment zing: To prevent the degradation of the fiber.
Inspection of finishing textile:
The finishes fabric is farther inspected to observe whatsoever types of fault formed.
The finished material is folded according to requirement which is easy to carry.
The folded fabrics are packed either according to length requirement or weight requirement.